Kicked Up Corn Maque Choux
The name of this Louisiana classic is thought to have derived from a mix of Native American and Cajun French influences. One thing is for sure: it is a delicious side that folks just love.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or bacon fat
- 4 cups corn about 6 ears
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1/2 cup chopped red or green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeno or serrano chile
- 2 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Melt the butter in a large skillet or sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the corn, onions, bell peppers, jalapeno, Essence, and salt, and cook, stirring, until soft, for 10 minutes. Add the cream and cook for 2 minutes. Taste and season with more if needed.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!