Jicama Mandarin Orange Salad
Refreshing Jicama Salad. Easy to make and this cools the palate if you are eating spicy food like our Camarones Diabla. This jicama citrus salad from the Yucatan is known as “Xec” or “Xe’ec”, which comes from the Mayan word for “Ensalada” (salad). It is also known by other names, like “check” and “sheck”. It is a healthy, quick, and easy to prepare dish, and is a classic side dish during the Day of the Dead.
- 5 Large Jicama Peeled and cut in to "french fry" sized sticks
- 8 Medium Cucumbers halved lengthwise, then sliced like 1/2 moons
- 1 #10 Can Mandarine Oranges Reserve the liquid for drinks or another use
- 3 1/2 cups chopped cilantro
- 8 sliced Red Radishes
- You don't need much more work than to stir in the orange and toss. Nothing else is needed. You could add optional citrus like grapefruit segments, depending on what you have on hand.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!