Ham and Egg Breakfast Braid
This beautiful crescent braid is easier than it looks! A simple folding technique over eggs, ham and creamy cheese gives you an impressive-looking breakfast dish that is guaranteed to be the star of your brunch party.
- 8 oz package cubed ham or cooked bacon, diced smoked turkey
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 7 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chive cream cheese spread from 7.5-oz container
- 1 can 12 oz refrigerated Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Butter Flake Crescent Rolls (8 Count) or 1 can (12 oz) refrigerated Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Original Crescent Rolls (8 Count)
- 1 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese blend 4 oz
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- In medium bowl, beat ham, bell pepper, 6 of the eggs and the pepper with whisk or fork until well mixed.
- Meanwhile, unroll dough into 1 long rectangle onto cookie sheet. Press into 16x8-inch rectangle, firmly pressing perforations and seams to seal.
- Spoon egg mixture in 4-inch wide strip lengthwise down center of rectangle. Sprinkle with shredded cheese. With sharp knife, make cuts 1 inch apart on long sides of dough rectangle to within 1/2 inch of egg mixture. Fold strips of dough up over egg mixture to meet in center; pinch to seal.
- In small bowl, beat remaining egg with whisk or fork; brush evenly onto dough. Sprinkle with poppy seed.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Remove from cookie sheet; cut into crosswise slices. Serve warm.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!