Feta Red Pepper Spinach Flank Steak
Tender, juicy, roasted flank steak stuffed with a delicious baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and feta cheese filling. A wonderful low carb, keto friendly recipe you don’t want to miss!
- 2 1/2 pounds flank steak butterflied
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach or drained frozen spinach
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil drained
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz Mushrooms
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs AP Rub or good quality pork rub
- 1 Tablespoon Killer Hogs Steak Rub or good quality steak rub
- Preheat your grill to 350-450 F.
- Butterfly the flank steak by making a thin cut completely down the length of the steak. (should open like a book and lay flat). Use care not to cut through entirely.
- Season the top side of the flank steak with ½ the Killer Hogs AP Rub.
- Spread feta cheese over the top side leaving 1” border from the edge.
- Sauté the mushrooms in 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil for 3 minutes and add spinach. Cook the spinach just until wilted about 2 minutes.
- Layer the spinach-mushroom mixture on the cream cheese and top with Roasted Red Bell Pepper.
- Tightly roll the flank steak using your fingers to keep the stuffing inside. Leave it seam down on the cutting surface. Be sure to roll up with the grain running toward each end you are rolling. This will insure the beef will be tender enough to cut.
- Use 16” pieces of butcher twine to tie the flank steak spacing each string out about 1”.
- Place flank steak on grill surface and sear on each side about 3-4 min. per side.
- Grill on indirect heat and cook about 4 minutes per side.
- Insert Probe Thermometer into the middle of the flank steak and set alarm for 130⁰.
- When the steak is done, remove from grill and rest for 10-15 min.
- Slice into 1” medallions and serve.
Which way you roll it makes a big difference on the tenderness. You want to be cutting across the grains when you cut it so roll it up with the grain lengthwise. This recipe can also be baked at 400 degrees in the oven.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!