Dutch Apple Baked Oatmeal Pie
Breakfast really doesn't get any cozier than this warmly spiced baked oatmeal. Inspired by the flavors of apple pie, this nutritious and hearty bake has the power to make any morning feel like a special occasion. Bake a batch up on Sunday as a make-ahead move for the week or serve it fresh from the oven for a crowd-pleasing brunch option. Serve in bowls with yogurt, berries and additional maple syrup, as desired.
- 1/2 Cup Melted Butter 1 stick
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cardamom optional
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger optional
- 1/2 tsp ground allspice or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 Salt omit if using salted pecans
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- 3 Cups Milk
- 4 prepared small Fuji apples, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- 3 Cups Oatmeal (Regular or Steel Cut)- see notes
- 1 cup Planters Pecans (1 can of pecan halves) or toasted pecans optional - see notes
- 1/4 cup Log Cabin Sugar free syrup or real Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup Sukrin Gold - Natural Brown Sugar Alternative or brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Melt butter in covered microwave dish on lowest power setting for 2 minutes
- Place chopped apples in a 9 x 13 baking dish or 2 sealable baking dishes that are 6 1/2" x 5". Use just enough apple to cover the bottom of the container(s). Add half the pecans over the apples.
- Add oatmeal to the liquid milk and egg mixture a little at a time until completely mixed. The mixture should be still a liquid. If not add more milk.
- Spoon the mixture over the apples and even out the baking dish(s). Add remaining pecans on top.
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until top is browned and crunchy looking.
- Serve with yogurt and fresh berries. Refrigerate the rest and warm in the microwave when serving left-overs.
After making this addicting recipe, I like to use 2 cups of Oatmeal and 1 Cup of Cascadian Farms Organic Granola. If using Steel Cut Oatmeal, soak the oatmeal overnight in milk. If using un-toasted pecans, toast in pecans in the oven at 350 F for 15 minutes or until they get dark brown in a baking pan lined with parchment paper.
Calories: 257kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 6gFat: 17gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 342mgPotassium: 120mgFiber: 4gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 345IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 124mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!