Corn Spinach and Feta Quesadillas
These were a big hit at our latest Friday Nite Snacks event. They are a Greek twist with Mexican influence. They don't need salsa, so please try it without it first. Larger quantities of Feta and Mexican cheeses are optional. However, we found it best to be generous with the Feta cheese.
- 1 Frozen Bag White Petite Baby Corn
- 1 Fresh Bag Pre-washed spinach leaves Cut into small pieces with a sharp knife
- 1 container Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup white onion chopped smal
- 8 6" flour tortillas "casero" type tortillas
- 1 tablespoon corn oil
- .5 cup Mexican Cheese blend We liked the Costco Mexican cheese blend
- 1 pinch salt
- Saute onions until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add a pinch of salt or two. Then add corn from the frozen bag and use about double for the amount of onion you use. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the same volume of chopped spinach plus. When its cooked add some crumbled feta. The more Feta you add, the more salty and flavorful it will get. Put some on a flour tortilla which is on a Comal or pan to cook the quesadilla. Add Mexican cheeses and fold over. Wait a couple of minutes and flip. Serve by itself or with chopped cilantro and your favorite salsa.
We experimented with this recipe a lot. Frozen spinach does not work well nor does regular frozen corn. To retain the Feta flavor, add it at the end along with Mexican cheeses like sharp cheddar and queso fresco.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!