Classic Old Fashioned Stuffing
There is nothing like a fabulous roasted turkey with this traditional turkey stuffing and some roasting pan gravy to make your Thanksgiving dinner a big hit.
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2 Stalks celery sliced
- 8 cups Bread cubes
- 2 tsp Poultry Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable stock)
- Preheat the oven to 275 degrees, place the bread cubes on a baking sheet and pop them in the oven. Allow them to dry out for about 45 minutes making sure to toss them around half way though. Increase the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- In a large skillet preheated over medium heat, add the butter and allow it to melt, add the onions and celery along with a pinch of salt and sauté for about 5 to 7 minutes or until they cook down a bit.
- Add the bread cubes in a large bowl along with the cooked veggies, poultry seasoning, black pepper and chicken stock. Give everything a good mix and tumble the mixture in a baking dish.
- Bake the stuffing for about 30 minutes or until the top is lightly golden brown and crispy at 375 degrees for about 30 minutes.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!