Bubbie Banana Muffins
Whenever I make a batch of banana muffins I can feel Mom and Bubbie's hands on my shoulder, and I can see Mom's smile - the one that lit up her whole face, and made her eyes sparkle. I know she would be so happy that I am keeping the recipes, the memories, the flavours and the traditions alive...just like she did before me, and like my beautiful girls will do one day...many moons from now.
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 t. Baking powder
- 1/4 t. Baking soda
- 1 c. mashed bananas 3
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. cooking oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease your tins.
- Add to dry ingredients all at once. The batter will be lumpy. Mix until the flour has been absorbed into moist ingredients
- Add 1/2 c. chocolate chips (I estimate!)
- Pour into greased muffin tins. Bake 27 minutes for small muffins or until brown. For larger muffins, bake about 35 minutes, maybe longer. Muffins should be brown on top.
- Remove from the oven. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let sit 20 minutes. NO CHEATING ON THESE STEPS!
You can also make it in a loaf pan and bake 50-55 minutes
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!