Balsamic Roasted Broccoli and Cherry Tomatoes
This is a super easy and delicious way to enjoy broccoli and tomatoes while they are in season at the same time. What I love about this combo is how the juice from the tomatoes mingles with the balsamic vinegar and olive oil and gets trapped in the nooks and crannies of the broccoli florets.
- 1 pound broccoli crowns cut into florets and stems sliced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
- 3 garlic cloves chopped (or halve the garlic cloves for a more subtle flavor)
- 2 Tablespoons unrefined olive oil or melted coconut oil I prefer the taste of olive oil here.
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar don’t use the super expensive kind in this recipe
- ¾ teaspoon fine ground sea salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- some fresh slivered basil to garnish optional
- Place the broccoli, tomatoes and garlic on the prepared pan. Drizzle with oil and vinegar and toss to combine. Spread out in a single layer on the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 30 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature. Garnish with fresh basil if you have it. Don’t worry about it if you don’t.
Calories: 86kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 3gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 325mgPotassium: 417mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 857IUVitamin C: 86mgCalcium: 47mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!