Chili Con Carne
A lot of you have asked me what the ingredients were for the Chili recipe I made for the Super Bowl event at the Bay View. I forget where I originally found it but it always worked for me, so here it is. Quantities can vary according to your tastes. The black beans are what makes this chili great in my opinion.
- stock pot
- 1 15 oz can chili beans w/spicy sauce
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 2 28 oz can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 3 stalks Celery chopped
- 1 whole green bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 1 whole red bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 whole green chili peppers seeded and chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon bits optional
- 4 cubes beef bouillon
- 1 cup beer
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce e.g. Tabasco™
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 10.5 oz bag corn chips such as Fritos 1 package shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Heat a large stock pot over medium-high heat. Brown the New York Strip Steak cubes set aside. Crumble the ground chuck and sausage into the hot pan, and cook until evenly browned. Drain off excess grease. Return the New York Strip Steak cubes to the pot. Pour in the chili beans, spicy chili beans, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Add the onion, celery, green and red bell peppers, chili peppers, bacon bits (optional), bouillon, and beer. Season with chili powder, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, oregano, cumin, hot pepper sauce, basil, salt, pepper, cayenne, paprika, and sugar. Stir to blend, then cover and simmer over low heat for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 2 hours, taste, and adjust salt, pepper, and chili powder if necessary. The longer the chili simmers, the better it will taste. Remove from heat and serve, or refrigerate, and serve the next day.
- To serve, ladle into bowls, and top with corn chips and shredded Cheddar cheese. Good luck.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!