Asian Fried Cauliflower
This mouth-watering dish is a decadent take on one of my favorite vegetables that you can slather with a spicy tangy Asian inspired sauce. If you’re making for the family, you can set the hot sauce aside for the adults.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1/2 cup AP Flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup water
- ¼ cup of vodka or beer
- scallions and black sesame for garnish
- Once thoroughly mixed and dissolved, stir in a slurry of cornstarch and water.
- Mix thoroughly and set aside to cool.
- Mix all-purpose flour, rice flower, baking powder, water and a quarter cup of vodka. The vodka helps to create a crispy texture and the alcohol cooks off – its more volatile that water and creates more bubbles when frying.
- Prepare cauliflower into florets.
- Wash the cauliflower and dredge into our flour mixture.
- Fry one head of cauliflower in two batches so we don’t crowd the pan.
- After you remove from the fryer, allow to drain on a grate.
- Toss the fried cauliflower in a bowl with the sauce until everything is well coated.
- Finally garnish with scallions and sesame.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!