Adult Mac and Cheese
We call this the Adult Macaroni and Cheese because it is elegant, uses good quality cheese…and is simply the grown-up version of mac and cheese.
- 4 ounces Sweet Butter
- 4 ounces Flour
- 6 cups scalded Milk or whatever amount you need to make your sauce fairly liquid
- ¼ teaspoon ground Nutmeg
- 4 ounces Triple Cream Brie Cheese rinds removed
- 4 ounces grated Reggiano Parmesan Cheese
- 4 ounces grated Gruyere Cheese
- 4 ounces grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1 or 2 ounces White Truffle Oil if you have some
- 1½ pounds cooked Elbow Pasta
- 2 tablespoons Sweet Butter
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- ½ cup Fresh Bread Crumbs mixed with Reggiano Sun-dried Tomatoes and chopped Parsley
- Preheat Oven to 375°
- In a sauce pan, heat the butter. add the flour and incorporate using a wood or silicon spoon. Cook for a couple of minutes until light golden brown.
- Add the milk, nutmeg and mix very well with a whisk. Cook at very low heat for approximately 10/15 minutes. Add the cheeses (This is a mornay sauce). Make sure all the cheeses have melted and add the truffle oil and add the sauce to the cooked elbow pasta.
- Butter the inside of a lasagna pan. Pour in the macaroni mixture. Top with the bread crumbs and Reggiano. Bake until it is golden brown about 25 minutes!!!
Serve as a side dish or on its own
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!